Rabo Farm seminar on food security
Rabo Farm held a seminar on food security on Tuesday May 27, 2014 at Restaurant Vroeg in Bunnik in the Netherlands. The seminar was well attended by institutional investors, asset managers and farmers.
Specialists from Rabobank’s Food & Agri Research (FAR) as well as Rabo Farm’s Agricultural Manager delivered presentations (click on the title to download the presentation) on the following topics:
- ‘CE EU, future bread basket of Europe’ by Vito Martieli (FAR)
- ‘EU agri subsidies, a blessing or curse?’ by Harry Smit (FAR)
- ‘Farming efficiency drives income and sustainability’ by James Little (Rabo Farm)
The views expressed by the speakers accentuated the huge unused agricultural potential in Central and Eastern EU (CE EU), the region where Rabo Farm is active.
This region has great potential to become the future bread basket of Europe, said Vito Martielli. CE EU has an export surplus and is close to the net importing countries of the Middle East and Northern Africa.
Income payments will be redistributed according Harry Smit. There will be a further increase in new EU member states which will generate a better income for farmers in CE EU countries. It will support rural development in the areas where we have our farms.
James Little told the audience that ‘being close to the assets’ is how our portfolio management team sustainably improves the productivity of our farms.
- Rabo Farm, Poleko and Van Kessel sign letter of intent during the state visit of the Dutch King and Queen to Poland 27-6-2014
- Rabo Farm seminar on food security 16-6-2014
- Rabo Farm interview with IP Nederland 11-6-2014
- Rabo Farm contributes to Clean Thematic Investing Report 3-6-2014
- Rabo Farm launches new institutional fund for investments in farms 27-5-2014
- Responsible Investing in farms and farmland 19-5-2014
- Rabo Farm interview with agri investor 20-3-2014
- New website 26-2-2014
- Rabo Farm is looking forward to a fertile 2014! 16-12-2013